- Secure parts onto shafts with ease of removal and replacement.
- Hold multiple part shaft assemblies together.
- Requires a circumferential groove through the shaft for hair pin retention.
- Steel: 1065 / 1086 spring steel wire to ASTM A227 or ASTM A228
- Stainless Steel: 300 series spring temper stainless steel wire
- Steel or Stainless Steel: Plain finish (light oil).
- Steel: Mechanical zinc plating (processed in house) – lower salt spray hours than zinc electroplate but eliminates hydrogen embrittlement issues.
- Steel: Electro-zinc plating.
- Stainless Steel: stress relieved and passivated.