Engineers and Manufacturers since 1905, the M.D. Hubbard Spring Co., Inc. started in Pontiac Michigan and moved to our facility in Oxford in 1973. We started by making leaf springs for buggies and harrow teeth for agricultural implements, and now produce a wide variety of standard and custom parts for all industries – automotive, agriculture, medical, aerospace – we even have parts in the Space Shuttle.
Stamped and formed parts from strip (.003″ to .134″ thick), wire (up to .250″ diameter), and tube (up to .750″ diameter) in a large variety of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Phosphor Bronze
- Beryllium Copper
- Cold Rolled Steel
- High Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
Equipment / Processes
- Stamping press tonnage up to 90 tons
- Slide forming equipment is U.S. Baird Fourslides and Multislides
- CNC compression, torsion, and extension spring coilers
- Tube cutting and de-burring, coupled with special forming processes.
- CNC production lathe turning
- Tooling design and build in house with modern CNC and EDM capabilities
- In house heat treat facilities
- In house slitting of strip materials
- In house plating and parts finishing – mechanical zinc plating, ultrasonic and vibratory finishing, passivating, etc.
- Any commercially available heat treatment, plating and finishing processes
- Secondary Processes – forming, piercing, drilling, welding, chamfering, tapping, etc.
Tooling / Prototypes
We design and build our tooling in house. We have a complete tool room with wire EDM and CNC machining capabilities.
We also produce prototypes to assist our customers in the engineering and development of their parts.