Over the last 20 years, Hubbard Spring has developed a very specialized capability to produce visor arm tubes. This grew out of our production of visor detent springs and related visor components, and with the addition of arm tubes we can produce every metal part that is used in a typical modern automotive sun visor.
Our capabilities include:
- Very high quality stamped detent features – crisp formed edges with very limited change in tube diameter. This style of visor arm we produce is the best of its kind.
- Broached detent features.
- For arms with plastic detent features, we have developed a range of plastic capturing features that are applied to the tube near the plastic detent feature:
- Stamped “pinch” features
- Stamped flats to maximize plastic wall or thickness under the detent feature
- All of our arm tubes ends are wire brush de-burred. Our cut-off process pulls what cutting burr there is axially, and we then remove this in a tractor fed wire brush de-burring process. We have never had a complaint of a stripped illumination wire.
- Automatic forming and stamping processes.
- A wide range of specialized cleaning processes to reduce scrap in the molding process. These processes have been developed over years of working with many injection molding companies.